Saturday, September 11, 2010

Updating as usual...

So the post before this shows you at least a little bit of our house. We will be making more short videos to show you. I figure videos help you see the house more easily. Would you believe it took me 40 MINUTES to upload that 30 second video? So you see why we don't do that often. Although I will try and upload the video with peacocks tomorrow. It's fun for you all just to see us in our element. We are starting to plan all these trips now and can't wait to get out of town. Here are a few:
In 2 weekends we are going to Lake Kariba with some friends
In 3 weekends we are going to Mana Pools with the same friends.
In 4 weeks my mom comes and we are going to Vic Falls, Hwange National Park and staying at this amazing place called The Hide which I am most excited about and going to Matopos and staying at this really cool place called Camp Amalinda.
In about 8 weeks we head to Florence, Italy for our PYP (Primary Years Programme) training and staying at a really cool hotel. Grant and I will be gone for a week because we took some personal days to enjoy Florence.
In about 3 1/2 months, we will be going to meet Maggie and Winston in Jo-burg, picking them up and then heading to Kruger National Park and the Drakensberg Mountains. We are still trying to figure out where we still be staying, but we have all been working to research places and find the best! I think we are definitely checking out Sani Pass in the mountains. My travel agent Belinda (without whom I don't think I could have done several of these trips) has been awesome getting all this together.
In about 6 months, Kristin and Will are coming and we have been talking about doing something along the Zambizi River and Botswana, but that is still a work in progress.
So....check out all the places we get to go since I linked them all so  you can just click on them and it will take you directly to the websites to learn about all these places. We can't wait for those adventures to begin. Our adventure of learning about how to get around in Harare and feel more settled, has started to calm down. We feel happier each day, and I will be the first to admit that there have been some very hard moments for us here. This opportunity had really forced us to make the best of things, have the upmost of patience, and work together even when we didn't want to in order to stay positive. It is amazing how a place can change you.
So...everything else is good. Work is great and the kids are even greater. We love them more everyday. Juno is getting so big already and we love her so much, although she has managed to be a very naughty puppy by tearing up quite a few things. Our house will be getting better by next week because it will be completely re-wired as it was not completely grounded before. We found this out by me getting electrocuted (mom wants me to say shocked because it sounds better, but I want to be profound in my point here) when I got in the shower. Water and electricity are not supposed to go together. Grant didn't believe me until I made him put his feet in there. It was not fun and I felt the after effects later that day. But Grant was my night in shining armor. He marched right to our bosses and put on his serious face and got it worked out. Other than that, we have mostly had power this past week and we have slept beautifully.
We miss all of you, we love all of you and until next weekend, please keep up the emails! A personal shout-out to Aunt Mary Mahony for sending us our first package of fun (Red Sox flip flops and a picture frame with us in it) and it got here in less than 3 weeks!!!

1 comment:

  1. So, I looked int up and electrocute means to die by electric shock ... so you were shocked - not electocuted b/c you are still able to write this post. Did you check out Zay's blog? xoxo

    ReplyDelete