Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Update September 18/19th

Nice and easy weekend in Zim.  Nothing big going on.  Our tigerfishing trip feel through, but we're going next weekend now, so we should have some great pictures to post.

Nice dinner out Friday, followed by running into friends at a pub.

Saturday we went out to the Borrowdale Manor to check it out.  We'll be staying there for a week or two while our house gets rewired.  No more electric showers.  Jen and I will be using the same toilet that the Queen Mother and Prince Charles used during their stay in Zimbabwe.  Ann, the owner, walked us around the grounds and pointed at trees planted by various dukes and lords, I don't remember a single one of them, but she seemed very impressed.  She's letting us bring Juno, and she's a great cook, so we'll be taken care of.  It happens to be right around the corner from an Irish pub that I have been trying to find.  It is the one place in Harare that has Guinness.  I had to control myself walking in.  There in the middle of a beautiful bar was a giant Guinnes tap.  I walked right up and ordered the largest Guinness I could get, and was then told that they haven't had Guinness in over a year, and that they wouldn't be getting any for a long time.  At least this place has wings, and several nice TVs.  I'll have to make do watching rugby and soccer, and drinking beer that I can see through.

Today was brunch, shopping to get ready for Jen's mom coming in October, and then the pool, grilling, and crashing.

We just wanted to point out how things here can be very much like home.

All of the high school and middle schools are leaving today to go on their week long field trips.  My trip heads out next Monday.  We're going to Jabulani.

There should be alot more to post in the upcoming weeks.

Hope all is well back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment